Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Where the Buffalo Roam

I'm pleased to finally have finished this piece of art. It's somewhat different from the art that I've produced over the past year, in that there is much more detail and the color is minimal. However, it's turned out to be one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

--

It was laborious and will forever remind me of the birth of my second daughter, since it's the painting I was working on in the final day's of my Sarah's pregnancy and was completed days after Hollan was born.

Sarah seems to like it, too. She's agreed that this should hang in our home.

--

This painting reminds me of the solitude I experienced growing up in the southern plains. I'm not describing a social solitude, but rather the emptiness of the land, and the small scale of being human against the grand landscape of the rural Great Plains.

--

As always, you can see this print and others from my collection at the Boxing Bear Etsy Shop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.