Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pimp my windows, and you can, too!


The shutter job is getting close to completion, and I'm ready to move on. I'd really like to reclaim the work space that 6 shutters, tools and paint are taking up in my shop.

I got everything assembled, caulked and painted before I realized that I can't get any of my brushes into the 0.25 inch expansion gap I left between the planks. If you're trying this at home, I'd recommend painting the pieces before assembly.

Since I'm getting close to finishing this one, I can safely say that I was able to build six shutters for the price of two manufactured ones online (that are identical, no less!).

Pricing materials has begun on my mobile shelving system for my shop, and this excites me greatly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.