Tuesday, December 13, 2011

La Cholita Bonita

I thought it would be fun to throw out a sketch of a painting that I'm currently working on. The painting is about half finished right now and flowing nicely. I guess I've done enough Day of the Dead content that it's getting easier.

This is the beginning of a Day of the Dead burlesque painting. Of course, you'll notice that there's not anything really burlesque about it. It's actually more of a pin-up calavera. It's a commission, so it's risky to take liberties, but I'm pretty sure it'll sell either way. Themed Day of the Dead art is pretty popular.

I'll post updates as I work it out.

If you're in the Tulsa area, I'm in the final stages of planning a fun event at a popular restaurant downtown for March. I'll share the news as soon as it is concrete.

If you are interested in a commission, you can get my contact info at Boxing Bear's website.

If you'd like to see more of my recent art and possibly make a purchase, visit Boxing Bear's Etsy Shop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.