Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm not sure how well this is going to show up on the computer screen, but this is a close-up of the texture that I learned how to put up on walls (and ceilings).

It's a basic knockdown texture that is on many new construction homes. I wasn't too comfortable with the idea of spraying the joint compound on the wall (too messy) so we tried it out with a roller brush. You don't get as much height with a roller, but it's sufficient for us.

By the time I had the ceiling done, I'd pretty much figured out my system. That boost in confidence led me to start ripping wood paneling off our dining room to put up texture. Two days in, that is appearing to be a big mistake.

2 comments:

Mrs. Mitchell said...

It's hard to see the pattern, but I think I have an idea of how it looks. Is this the ceiling? Are you doing a rougher texture on the walls? Just curious. Wow! It was industrious of you to rip down the paneling, but I think you both will be happier tearing it off. Good luck! I am anxious to see it finished.

J Mitchell said...

The texture on the walls and ceiling are the same. I'm not really sure how to make the texture rougher.

Unfortunately, we have mold growing in our walls. That will add a few days onto the project, as I learn to clean the mold and replace the drywall. At least I found the source of the moisture and cleaned it up.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.