Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This is not a food blog!

Or is it?

The first time I had this salad, we were at the rehearsal dinner for a friend who was about to get married at a Brazilian steakhouse. The dinner was at the steakhouse, not the wedding.

The second time I had it, we'd gone to eat at an Irish pub/restaurant with my parents in Tulsa (McNellie's, for anyone in the Tulsa area).

The thought to pair fruit, spinach, feta and walnuts in a salad had never occurred to me. That's a shame, because it's about the best salad I've ever had. It's also easily the most colorful meal I've ever eaten.

Top it off with some low-fat Raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and you're bound to impress the most health-conscious people in your life.

While I'm at it, I'll put in a shameful plug for the Guiness cheese at McNellie's. Sounds awful, tastes great.

1 comments:

Mrs. Mitchell said...

OH YEAH .... my favorite salad, too. I love strawberries and walnuts ... YUM! I'll expect it the next time we visit.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.