Thursday, June 10, 2010

Magnum, P.I.



I've been commissioned to do a painting, and it feels good to work in my new space. "Space" being the operative term, as I now have plenty of it.

This painting has been on the schedule for months now. I guess these things happen when you move into a new house.

This Oklahoma State University alumnus saw some of my previous portraits (Willie Nelson, Napoleon Dynamite) and settled in on the school's mascot as the subject matter for his painting.

I noticed during my sketches that OSU's Pistol Pete mascot bears a striking resemblance to Tom Selleck.

It's a fairly large canvas that measures 28"W x 28"H.

I think I'll do a series of portraits, exploring different croppings, styles and palettes. The first will be fairly straightforward.

This series has the working title "Pistoleer".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.