Friday, June 4, 2010

The Cabinet Door Project

Someone really should do something about those shop class cabinet doors made out of slabs of whatever wood composite was available back in '68. Hinges painted over a half dozen times. Cabinet door handles missing (also painted).

I'm sure Sarah loves that one of the first projects I tackle is the laundry room.

I've made cabinet doors twice before. Actually, the first wood working project I did was to convert a chest of drawers into a buffet cabinet. If I can match my improvement from my first doors to my second, these might actually pass for professional.

As is soon to be the theme for my house, we're going with vertical beadboard panels for the inset of the cabinet door, with pine making up the bones of the doors. I can only hope that, in addition to being the cheapest solution, beadboard is as contemporary as I imagine it to be.

1 comments:

Mrs. Mitchell said...

I'm anxious to see your final work.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.