Sunday, May 9, 2010

DIY Shutters

After pricing wood shutters online, I quickly decided to use my fairly average knowledge of wood working to piece together some black cedar shutters for the front of our house. This is a pretty simple project (and cheap, too!).

Our house already has spots where it appears shutters once hung, so it's really just about taking some measurements and making a trip (or two) to the lumber yard.

Six inch cedar fence pickets were a few bucks each. Altogether, I think I ended up needing 12 pickets and 72 wood screws to complete the job. Luckily, these really easily assembled plank-and-batten shutters are in style all over our city. On the scale of DIY projects I've done, I'd put this at or near the bottom in difficulty.

In contrast, my recent decision to replace a few rotten soffits on my house was probably the hardest and least rewarding in my lengthy list of home improvement projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.