Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

I haven't had a bagel (or a hot breakfast) in a long time. You can't go wrong with the plain bagel/promise fat-free fake butter/cranberry pomegranate green tea combination. Really, you can't go wrong with the scrambled eggs/bacon/orange juice combination, but who wants to get up an hour early to make that and clean up afterward?

We added strawberries in a hanging basket. It was an idea that we got from the Oklahoma Gardening magazine. It was a basic hanging basket with coconut liner that we cut holes in to poke strawberry plants through. I have my doubts as to whether the plants will live, considering that I'm currently sitting in a monsoon less than 12 hours after planting them.

We also picked up some mint and passion flowers. I'm fairly certain that my gardening reputation killed the passion flowers before we even reached our house. I'm pretty sure you can't kill mint. So far, I've been able to plant hollies, a thundercloud plum tree and a hibiscus that haven't died. That puts any plant I encounter at about a 5% chance of survival.

I can taste the strawberry-mint lemonade already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.