Friday, February 4, 2011

Our New Italian Tile Spa Shower


What started as a cosmetic upgrade quickly turned into a necessary upgrade upon demolition as the bottom third of my shower wall crumbled from water damage.

This project (which I originally estimated to take two weeks) spiraled out of control. I wasn't ready to use a jackhammer, replace an entire drain assembly and rebuild a shower pan (more masonry work).

Six weeks and one angry wife later, I have a new shower that turned out even better than I imagined it would. There is still the rest of the bathroom to be dealt with (drywall/floor tile/pedestal sink/medicine cabinet/wall texture/wainscotting/paint/can light over the shower...whew!), but progress is the name of the game.

I only post these pictures as a warning not to try this at home. Do yourself a favor and stay under budget by installing a prefab shower stall in a weekend.

1 comments:

Mrs. Mitchell said...

That looks like it should be in a magazine. Great work ... it's beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010. Antennas Toward The Sky. Powered by Blogger.